Re: Advertisement of Immorality

Chris,

I've had quite a few gay/bi colleagues and friends over the
years. Several have made important contributions to AMSAT and to ham
radio. As has often been said in the past, AMSAT is an
"equal-opportunity exploiter". We don't care if you're black, white or
purple; gay, bi or straight; atheist or virulent Christian
fundamentalist. All that counts is a sincere interest in amateur
satellites.

And over those years, I've never found homosexuality to be the least
bit contagious. I'm still as straight as I've ever been.

I hope that puts your mind at ease.

<flame on>

If you feel that the mere knowledge that others choose to live
differently than you threatens your family, then I strongly suggest
counseling.  If the threat is real, then your family is already so
fragile as to be in need of serious help. Or the threat is imaginary,
in which case YOU need help in dealing with your own paranoia and
intolerance before it destroys you.

>Noah Webster once said, "All that is necessary for evil to triumph
>is for good men to do nothing!"

You said it, pal. That's why I had to answer your message even though I
don't normally let myself be baited by such blather.

<flame off>

--Phil

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home