From: Gregory Young <gyoung@buffnet.net>
To: amsat-bb@AMSAT.org <amsat-bb@AMSAT.org>
Date: Saturday, May 23, 1998 1:56 PM
Subject: microwave bands in use

Hi all:
I have just added a 1.2Ghz module in my FT736R.
Plan to use aircom cable to a SSB preamp, mast mounted.
The question is which way to go for the antenna.
Should I go with a loop yagi, or a helix??
Plans are to do some terrestrial work, along with satellite (latter is primary interest
at this time).
For 2.4Ghz, will use a Meyer's dish, but for 1.2 thought to use one of the above 2
antennas.
What are your thoughts/experience with this band/choice of antennas?
73, Greg

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home