AsiaSat-3 (now HGS-1) to the Moon and back - unclassified

A friend (who is well placed to know enough but not everuthing) asked me:

"Have you been tracking AsiaSat-3 (now HGS-1)?  It is on its way to the
moon
for the second time, to achieve a usable near-GEO orbit after the 25
December Proton launch failure."

I had heard the whisperings, the rumours, the satellite buzzes... but, when
I try to search on it, nothing seems to come up.

No elements seem to exist,
no logical satellite identifiers exist in several places I've looked,
and so on.

Yet the story is well known by some.
Can someone help with an appropriate Net address to look it up?

     _  .      Peter R. Ellis, Amateur Radio Op. VK1KEP
   _-' |_|\         at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
  /        \        email: peter.ellis@dao.defence.gov.au
  \_.--._ C/        Director,
         \/         RNARS Australia #1528 (see also http://come.to/rnars/)
          v         Custodian for club station VK1RAN (soon)
VK1KEP:   http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5796/vk1kep.htm
Mine:          http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5796/pre-pers.htm

Recently seen in email:
&& Remember, there are only three sorts of people; those that are numerate,
and those that can?t count. &&

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home