RS-12...Reason for Distortion

Hello All

         RS-12 is riding on the back of a commercial WX sat
(I forget the name). When this commercial payload is on
(energized) it causes the supply voltage to the 2m receiver
on RS-12 to drop thus causing the distortion heard on the
10M downlink. 15M uplink signals are unaffected by this
so may I suggest we use 15M up until this condition clears
up. Forcing signals into the 2M uplink while this is going on
only causes confusion on the Sat as I witnessed last night.
        I would like to add that I appreciate all of the RS Sats
and will wait until the distortion clears before I uplink on
2M. For now its back to my 15M dipole in the attic. 73.

John...KD2JF
xlr8@worldnet.att.net
FN30

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home