Re: RS-12 problems??

Hi Bob:

w7lrd@juno.com wrote:

> The last couple of evenings the downlink on RS-12 has been distorted.
> The beacon has been perfectly clear.  I just worked Ko6CX at 0430Z 5/21,
> Jerry confirms the same.  The QSO usually should be armchair copy, was
> very difficult, I reduced power to be sure I was not over loading
> anything.  Any thoughts?

I noticed the same thing last Sunday evening when N5JGK and I tried to
set up a QSO. Great beacon but distorted QSOs. We did hear some CW
around 29.425 MHz.

I have been trying to figure an easy way to work RS-12 using a ICOM 706
mobile rig. Challenged by not being able to hear my own downlink on this
rig, I have used STSPLUS to develop a set of Doppler adjustments for
each pass.  Hopefully I can estimate where I should be. N5JGK and I were
trying to test this procedure when we observed this problem.  Not
knowing for sure if there is a problem with RS-12, we decided to wait
and check out some additional passes.  I observed the same conditions on
Monday and Tuesday evening passes; until now, hectic days at the office
has prevented me from asking the amsat-bb folks

73,

Russ Tillman, K5NRK
Vicksburg, Mississippi

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home