Fwd: May 21 Daily Digest

Heres the latest on the wayward G4.  Looks as if its being written off as a
total loss.

de
Bill Pasternak, Wa6ITF / Newsline

In a message dated 98-05-21 10:11:28 EDT, SMESA@info.fcc.gov writes:

>  PANAMSAT CORPORATION.  Granted PanAmSat special temporary authority (STA)
>   to relocate its Galaxy VI satellite from its assigned orbital location at
>   74 degrees W.L. to the 99 degrees W.L. orbital location.  Grant of this
>   STA will restore service to customers in the event that Galaxy IV, which
>   has suffered a technical failure, is not able to resume normal operations.
>    Action by Chief, Satellite and Radiocommunication Division.  Adopted: May
>   20, 1998.  by Order.  (DA No. 98-969).  IB

Daily Digest

Vol. 17 No. 98                                                   May 21, 1998

Information described within this Daily Digest may be viewed at the FCC
 World Wide Web site (http://www.fcc.gov) under the subdirectory
 '/Daily_Releases/Daily_Digest/1998/dd980521.html'

**Before an entry denotes that the item is part of the FCC's implementation
 of the 1996 Telecom Act. While we will attempt to flag all Telecom
 Act-related items, this marking is unofficial and informational only.

 					PUBLIC NOTICES

Released: May 21, 1998.  TARIFF TRANSMITTAL PUBLIC REFERENCE LOG - MAY 20.

Released: May 21, 1998.  EX PARTE PRESENTATIONS - LIST OF DOCKET NUMBERS
 WITH DESCRIPTORS. Contact: Shirley Suggs at 9202) 418-0310.

Report No: 2278.  Released: May 21, 1998.  ERRATUM TO THE PUBLIC NOTICE
 LISTING PETITIONS FOR RECONSIDERATION AND CLARIFICATION OF ACTION IN
 RULEMAKING PROCEEDINGS - REPORT 2275, RELEASED MAY 7.

Released: May 21, 1998.  REQUEST BY AMERITECH FOR LIMITED MODIFICATION OF
 LATA BOUNDARIES TO PROVIDE EXPANDED LOCAL CALLING SERVICE BETWEEN VARIOUS
 EXCHANGES.Ameritech, on behalf of the Ohio Bell Telephone Company, doing
 business as Ameritech Ohio, filed a petition requesting modification of
 local access transport area (LATA) boundaries to provide expanded local
 calling service between the Seven Mile exchange and Trenton exchange; and
 the Seven Mile exchange and Middletown exchange.  Commission is seeking
 comments concerning this matter. Comments due June 4; replies June 11.
 Contact: Alan Thomas, Network Services Division at (202) 418-2338.

Released: May 21, 1998.  REQUEST BY BELLSOUTH FOR LIMITED MODIFICATION OF
 LATA BOUNDARIES TO PROVIDE EXPANDED LOCAL CALLING SERVICE BETWEEN VARIOUS
 EXCHANGES.The Commission is seeking comments to BellSouth Corporation's
 petition requesting modification of local access transport area (LATA)
 boundaries to provide expanded local calling service between the
 Groveland, Florida exchange and Orlando, Florida exchange.  Comments due
 June 4, 1998; reply comments due June 11,1998. Contact: Alan Thomas,
 Network Services Division at (202) 418-2338.

Report No: I-8307.  Released: May 21, 1998.  OVERSEAS COMMON CARRIER
 SECTION 214 APPLICATIONS ACTIONS TAKEN.  (DA No. 98-964).

Report No: IN 98-24.  Released: May 21, 1998.  INTERNATIONAL ACTION -
 PERMIT TO DELIVER PROGRAMS TO FOREIGN BROADCAST STATION.

Report No: 44246.  Released: May 21, 1998.  BROADCAST ACTIONS.

Report No: 24246.  Released: May 21, 1998.  BROADCAST APPLICATIONS.

 					TEXTS

EAST ARKANSAS CABLEVISION, INC.  Granted complaint filed against East
 Arkansas Cablevision for programming service tier rates in Schererville,
 IN and denied complaint filed against East Arkansas Cablevision for cable
 programming service tier rates in Munster, IN.  Granted in part and denied
 in part Consolidated Petition for Reconsideration concerning cable
 programming service tier rates in Munster and Schererville, IN, and
 Mayville, NY.  Action by Acting Bureau Chief.  Adopted: May 18, 1998.  by
 Order.  (DA No. 98-952).  CSB

EAST ARKANSAS CABLEVISION, INC.  Denied complaint filed against the cable
 programming service tier rates charged by East Arkansas Cablevision, Inc.
 in various communities in Lake County, IN.  Found cable programming
 service tier rates reasonable beginning January 1, 1998.  Action by Chief,
 Financial Analysis and Compliance Division.  Adopted: May 18, 1998.  by
 Order.  (DA No. 98-951).  CSB

PRIMUS TELECOMMUNICATIONS GROUP, INC AND TRESCOM INTERNATIONAL, INC.
 Granted the application of TresCom International, Inc. and Primus
 Telecommunications Group, Inc. to transfer control of TresCom to Primus;
 authorized transfer of control of TresCom to Primus.  Action by Chief,
 Telecommunications Division.  Adopted: May 19, 1998.  by MO&O & Auth.  (DA
 No. 98-956).  IB

ADDENDA:  The following items, released May 20, 1998, did not appear in
 Digest No. 97:

 					 NEWS RELEASES

STATEMENT OF CHAIRMAN WILLIAM KENNARD ON GALAXY 4 SATELLITE.

STATEMENT OF FCC CHAIRMAN WILLIAM KENNARD ON INDUSTRY DISCUSSIONS ON
 CRAMMING.

 					PUBLIC NOTICES

Released: May 20, 1998.  PLEADING CYCLE ESTABLISHED FOR COMMENTS ON
 AMERITECH'S PETITION FOR FORBEARANCE FROM ENFORCEMENT OF SECTION 275(A) -
 CC DOCKET NO. 98-65.Commission is seeking comments on Ameritech
 Corporation's petition pursuant to section 10 of the Communications Act
 requesting that the Commission forbear from the enforcement of section
 275(a) of the Act.  Ameritech requests that the forbearance apply both to
 alarm monitoring service transactions already completed and future
 transactions by Ameritech.  Comments due June 19; reply comments due July
 6.  (DA No. 98-965). Contact: Janice M. Myles, Policy and Program Planning
 Division at (202) 418-1580.

Report No: DS-1843.  Released: May 20, 1998.  SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS
 SERVICES ACTIONS.

Report No: DS-1842.  Released: May 20, 1998.  SATELLITE COMMUNICATIONS
 SERVICES INFORMATION RE: SATELLITE RADIO APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FOR FILING.

Report No: 44245.  Released: May 20, 1998.  BROADCAST ACTIONS.

Report No: 24245.  Released: May 20, 1998.  BROADCAST APPLICATIONS.

Report No: D-987.  Released: May 20, 1998.  MASS MEDIA BUREAU MULTIPOINT
 DISTRIBUTION SERVICE APPLICATIONS ACCEPTED FOR FILING.

 					TEXTS

TARIFFS IMPLEMENTING ACCESS CHARGE REFORM.  Suspended for one day from the
 effective date tariff revisions filed by BellSouth Telecommmunications,
 Inc. to revise its Tariff F.C.C. No. 1.  This transmittal proposes
 revisions to reflect Bellsouth's exogenous cost changes for the 1998
 telecommunications relay services fee and universal sevice fund
 contributions.Instituted  consolidated in CC Docket No. 97-250 an
 investigation of the referenced tariff tramittal.  Dkt No.: CC- 97-250.
 Action by Chief, Competitive Pricing Division.  Adopted: May 20, 1998.  by
 MO&O.  (DA No. 98-953).  CCB

TELEDISIC LLC.  Granted Teledisic LLC's Request for Extension of Time to
 file reply comments concerning its application to modify its license to
 launch and operate a non-geostationary Fixed Satellite-Service system.
 Reply comment deadline extended to June 1, 1998.  Action by Chief,
 Satellite and Radiocommunication Division.  Adopted: May 20, 1998.  by
 Order.  (DA No. 98-963).  IB

PANAMSAT CORPORATION.  Granted PanAmSat special temporary authority (STA)
 to relocate its Galaxy VI satellite from its assigned orbital location at
 74 degrees W.L. to the 99 degrees W.L. orbital location.  Grant of this
 STA will restore service to customers in the event that Galaxy IV, which
 has suffered a technical failure, is not able to resume normal operations.
  Action by Chief, Satellite and Radiocommunication Division.  Adopted: May
 20, 1998.  by Order.  (DA No. 98-969).  IB

ADDENDA:  The following items, released May 19, 1998, did not appear in
 Digest No. 96:

 					TEXTS

BELLSOUTH PLAN FOR COMPARABLY EFFICIENT INTERCONNECTION FOR GATEWAY
 SERVICES.  Granted, subject to conditions,  BellSouth Corporation's
 request for limited waiver of the Commission's requirement for federal
 tariffing of comparably efficient interconnection services until BellSouth
 receives authority from the Commission to make such tariff filing.  Action
 by Deputy Bureau Chief.  Adopted: May 19, 1998.  by Order.  (DA No.
 98-915).  CCB

						- FCC -

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home