Re: Drake power feed

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric A. Cottrell <eac@shore.net>
To: Richard@g3rwl.demon.co.uk <Richard@g3rwl.demon.co.uk>
Cc: amsat-bb@AMSAT.org <amsat-bb@AMSAT.org>
Date: Saturday, May 16, 1998 4:14 PM
Subject: Re: Drake power feed

>Richard W L Limebear wrote:
>> We are starting to get the Drake 2400 MHz units in the UK (direct from
>> Japan). But there has been no mention of the box which allows you to feed
>> dc power along the feedline.
>>
>> I realise its probably pretty simple but I'd be grateful if anyone can
>> supply details of this unit. A cct diagram would be even better (as long
>> as winding details of inductors are included)

The pc board which feeds power onto the coax (in the power supply which came
with my Drake unit) has on it one 5.6 ohm +/- 10% carbon resistor and two
102 micro-farad ceramic caps.  No inductors.  Below is a ROUGH schematic
diagram of what is in this "feed."  PLEASE verify that there is NO voltage
present on the receiver side of this feed BEFORE hooking it up to a
receiver!!!  My power feed is in a hard to reach position and this was done
from my best view of it.  I THINK it is accurate.  Anybody else who can
verify it, please do so.

                                        Dwn Conv.

                                                 O--------------- Shield
                                                  |                      |
                                        --------|                      -----
--------B-
                                       |          [] (5.6ohm)     |
                         102mF --         |                      |
                                       |          |     102mF      |

                                              Rcvr.

Hope this helps.

73 de ku4dd -Chris