Re: Drake power feed

Richard and all:  You really do not need too much information to duplicate
this little box.  First, the center lead is POSITIVE and the shield
negative.  Any DC from about 14 to 18 volts at 200 ma should do.  The
unmodified center IF is 315 MHz.   Most of us are using 144 MHz as the IF
so something like a one microhenry choke should isolate the DC from the
IF.  Probably a few turns around a ferrite bead would do.  Couple the AC
signal to the IF through 47 pf or so.  Cliff K7RR

On Fri, 15 May 1998, Richard W L Limebear wrote:

> Hi folks
>
> We are starting to get the Drake 2400 MHz units in the UK (direct from
> Japan). But there has been no mention of the box which allows you to feed
> dc power along the feedline.
>
> I realise its probably pretty simple but I'd be grateful if anyone can
> supply details of this unit. A cct diagram would be even better (as long
> as winding details of inductors are included)
>
> 73
> Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
> g3rwl@amsat.org
> FOC # 1188
>
>           So many beautiful girls ..... (sob) so little time

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home