RE: STK Satellite Tool Kit opinions - unclassified

I use STK in research and teaching here at NMSU.  I have used the basic
(free) configuration to check out LEO to GEO access times and pointing
angles.  For example, when can TOPEX or EUVE view one of the TDRS
satellites.  This is quite easy on my lap top.  I also use it extensively
in class to show orbital concepts, ground tracks, etc.  My students have
also used it to do basic planning for a shuttle experiment concept that
includes both shuttle-to-TDRS access as well as shuttle-to-ground access.

Steve Horan
Stephen Horan, Ph.D.
Professor of Electrical Engineering and Director, Manuel J. Lujan Space
Tele-Engineering Program
Director, New Mexico Space Grant Consortium
New Mexico State University, Klipsch School of Electrical & Computer
Engineering
Box 30001, MSC 3-O; Las Cruces, NM  88003-8001
Ph: (505) 646-5870; Fax (505) 646-6417; e-mail: shoran@nmsu.edu; KC5SJO
http://telsat.nmsu.edu/~shoran/