Re: Kepler maths etc.

> The document below has the equations you need as well as some nifty
> FORTRAN code, but is light on definitions and discussion.  But he does
> give you lots of references.
> http://celestrak.com/NORAD/documentation/spacetrk.pdf

I have a web page which, among other things, has a printable HTML version
of Spacetrack Report Number 3, as well as links to a variety of
examples of code implementations at:
	http://ecco.bsee.swin.edu.au/chronos/metsat/spacetrk.html

If you want more about satellite orbital prediction, including tutorials
on orbital mechanics or other methods of orbital propagation, check out:
	http://ecco.bsee.swin.edu.au/chronos/metsat/orbits.html

Disclaimer: my interest in this is in the maths and software implementation,
rather than in actually working the sats...

73, Alex (VK3TOA)

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home