What are "Charlie" elements? - unclassified

I asked this wise group a while ago, and got no reply.
Here goes again...

What are "Charle" elements?

It appears from the contaxt that they are a one-line version of NORAD
Two-Line Elements. That probably makes them like 'state vectors'.

(1) Can anyone give me an example of a "Charle" element set (even better:
related to a corresponding set of TLEs), and give me a decode of the
numbers in the "Charlie" set (what the numbers mean).

(2) Where can I find that information on the Net?

Thanks,
     _  .      Peter R. Ellis, Amateur Radio Op. VK1KEP
   _-' |_|\         at Canberra, Australian Capital Territory
  /        \        email: peter.ellis@dao.defence.gov.au
         \/         RNARS Australia #1528 (see also http://come.to/rnars/)
VK1KEP:   http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5796/vk1kep.htm
Mine:          http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/5796/pre-pers.htm