anyone remember who? hydrolic az/el system for large dish?

Good morning to the net.
   I remember someone on the net a year or so ago saying he could
build a hydrolic positioning system for a large dish with "X" degree
accuracy, for "Y" number of dollars.
    I have a ham friend who works for a television station who was
very interested in the idea. Seems they have a lot of problems with
their smaller dishes wearing out the positioning hardware and they
figured the big one they've got that isn't set up would be even
worse.
   I told him someone on the net had said something about building a
hydrolic system for less than a large electrical system cheaper and
more reliable.  After thinking about for a minute or so he asked me
if I could remember who.
   If that person is still around or anyone remembers who it was
please drop me a note.   Thanks, Mike Nason

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home