Re: Leonids in the news - unclasified

On Thu, 30 Apr 1998, Dick Campbell wrote:

> yeah right - just about as much chance as from the millions of snowballs
> that hit us each year.
>
> It will be a good show (and it may also be a Kohoutek) but I don't think
> we'll see HBO going off line.
>
> Dick
> N3FKV

Actually, Dick, the last major Leonid storm recorded meteor counts in the
thousands/hour range. There might not be any risk of a specific satellite
buying it, but the chance that one (or maybe several) satellites will is
enough for people who own them to take this very seriously.

Later,
Andy
WD9IYT

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home