Re: antenna cable routing question

I am using that method along with a metal EL boom.

Rules:

1.  Don't let the EL boom extend past the antenna boom.

2.  Keep the tips of the elements as far away from the EL boom as
possible.  That is, mount the antenna in an X configuration rather than a +
configuration as viewed from the rear.  If you have the elements in the
same plane with the EL boom, you will suffer a severe disturbance to the
SWR.

3.  Mount the antenna booms so that the EL boom is not a multiple of 1/2
wavelength from any driven elements.

It works great.  I  have used this method for over 10 years.

--
73, Roy

Internet: w0sl@amsat.org