RE:Sat Dish for 2400 Meg.

Peter:
        Sure; a commercial 18" dish will probably be fine for P3D S band
downlink. Should easily be big enough. People (like me) heard AO13 with
dishes that size.
        As far as a source of additional information on S band, AMSAT
handles a book that really has everything you need to know about the band,
equipment and operation. It's called "Mode S: The Book" and has 120 pages
of all kinds of useful, practical stuff, for about $15. Well worth the
money (OK, so I'm a little biased. It's still quite useful!). Call Martha
at AMSAT.

73,
Ed K9EK (ex-KA9LNV)

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home