RE: School Test continues 28th!

145.985 for voice and packet, but it may cahnge soon to 145.800.  Also
143.625 is the russian downlink and is frequently heard.

You must get that antenna outside.  Dont forget, it is EASY to hear MIR,
but that assumes an antenna can see the sky.  throw away 10 to 20 dB going
through the roof and you wont hear it at all.

Listening to normal 2m FM for locals and repeaters and other hams it will
work, because terrestrial signals are usually 20 to 40 dB stronger...
They have to be to cover the 30 dB fades that occur constantly while a
mobile drives along...

 On Tue, 28 Apr 1998, Davis, John wrote:

> Question?
>
> I am a ham radio operator KC5DJK and I teach a high school technology
> class.  We are using WinSat, a scanner with a discone antenna inside the
> building to try to catch the downlink of the MIR or some other
> Satellite.  My scanner only goes from 30 Mhz to 512 Mhz.  So far we have
> been unable to monitor any satellites.  I realize the antenna should be
> outside and we can take the radio and antenna outside but we currently
> need the downlink frequencies for voice communications on the MIR, plus
> any others which would prove interesting.  We would welcome any
> suggestions.
>

> 73 de
> KC5DJK
> John Davis

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home