Re: Hardline Help

John W Wilson wrote:

> I have seen a special tool, somewhat like a pencil sharpener, used to
> remove the plastic.  I have no idea where to get one, sorry.  73
>
> John W. Wilson, KN4HX
> z004391b@bcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us
>
> On Sun, 26 Apr 1998, Bennie Hall wrote:
>
> > I have some 7/8 inch hardline that has a corrugated surface beneath the PVC
> > jacket. How in the world do you get the pvc jacket off without damage to
> > the metal surface? All my attempts have resulted in a cut or two and and a
> > lot of foul words on my part. HELP de Ben WY4D

Ben ... I hope my suggestions helped.  I forgot to tell you that I'm
going to Dayton next month and if you are going to be there I will be at
site 1734.  I will have quite a bit of hard line and connectors there
for sale.  If you are going and want to swing by I will help you see how
to prep the hard line and install several different types of connectors.
I will have both 7/8" and 1 5/8" hard line (new and used) and several
types of connectors and butt splices.

I generally use a hacksaw, builders knife, screw driver, plyers, sheet
metal shears and 2 large adjustable wrenches.

I will be taking a portable repeater and can be contacted on it.  The
frequency will be 444.9875+ pl 114.8.

Steve
KD4WIW
--