Re: Hardline Help

Bennie Hall wrote:

> I have some 7/8 inch hardline that has a corrugated surface beneath the PVC
> jacket. How in the world do you get the pvc jacket off without damage

There is an Easiax LDF5-50 cutting tool available from Andrew for
just this purpose.  Besides making a tool that holds a sharp metal
blade at just the right distances, its also possible to use hot wires
to remove insulation, though this can generate nasty fumes. This is
commonly done to remove Teflon insulation.--Zack W1VT

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home