Re: YAESU & MIR

At 17:29 4/25/98 -0700, you wrote:
>	Has anyone successfully used a CAT program to control a YAESU 736R to go
>simplex on MIR, I have STATION which controls the antenna's and the 736,
>when it goes into CAT control it switches to the SAT section and then will
>not transmit and receive on simplex.
>
>	This appears to be the way a 736 operates, my solution is to switch the
>CAT off and use the dial with the SAT SW in the "SAT OFF" position, but I
>would like to have the controller do the doppler for me, anyone else out
>there have any ideas?

Peter -

You need to configure Mir using the SAREX/MIR console modes in The Station
Program.  This does in-band tuning by design.  I requested this particular
feature and even helped Paul VP9MU design and debug it so I can answer any
specific questions you may have.

73, Ken N2WWD

Ken Ernandes
n2wwd@amsat.org