Re: Celestial's moved

Richard -

You may use my site as an alternative source of Keps if you wish.

        www:    http://www.mindspring.com/~n2wwd
        ftp:    ftp.mindspring.com/users/n2wwd/orbdata

I usually update the Keps in the main file (kepele.txt) on Monday,
Wednesday, and Friday.  The kepele.txt file should have elements for most or
all of the satellites of interest to you.  The Space Shuttle keps
(ststle.txt) are updated about every six hours during the mission, generally
the same time as the updates are posted to the AMSAT WWW site.

73, Ken N2WWD

At 10:11 4/25/98 GMT, you wrote:
>Some folks may be aware of this ... but some might not.
>
>I used to get my keplers from archive.afit.af.mil by ftp; this site
>appears not to be updated any more. Tom Kelso has moved.
>
>The Celestial web page announces a change of address: its now on
>http://celestrak.com  keplers can be downloaded from here.
>
>And for ftp users: ftp to ftp.celestrak.com then cd to pub/elements and
>get tle-new.txt for the latest set. Filename used to be tle.xxx (where the
>xxx was a rising number); there weren't any filenames like this at the
>new site but tle-new.txt appears to have the same content as the tle.xxx
>files had (also has the set number at the beginning).
>
>There is a technical problem at the ftp site which means it can only run
>one download at a time (rather than multiple users) so if at first you
>don't succeed, try, try again. A fix to this is promised.
>
>73
>Richard W L Limebear G3RWL
>g3rwl@amsat.org
>FOC # 1188
>
>          So many beautiful girls ..... (sob) so little time

Ken Ernandes
n2wwd@amsat.org
http://www.mindspring.com/~n2wwd

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home