YOIKS -- another voice contact with Mir!

Sent the below 90 minutes ago -- and just worked him AGAIN!!!

Asked a whole pile of questions during the full pass and will print them
and Andy's replies in the next issue. If you're interested, will post as a
text file here.

Chris

Boy oh boy!!

After a VERY long time of trying, I have finally managed to work the
high-flying Australian cosmonaut, Dr Andy Thomas, VK5MIR, on voice. The
contact was at 0115 local (1515 UTC), or just under half an hour ago.

We spoke for quite a few minutes, and Andy said he was very busy, although
he hoped to spend a while longer at the mic tonight (ie NOW!).

It's possible that he may still be on the air as he comes over the
continental USA, so why not have a go?

I often connect to the PMS as Mir wanders by, to see what far-flung points
have connected, and how recently. What a mover!! I wasn't expecting a voice
contact, though, and I am really delighted.

Now, I've not bothered with QSL cards in the past, but I sure would like
one this time! How do I go about getting one?

Gee, what a thrill! What a buzz!!

                                       ***          +
                                     *  *  *
                                    * * * * *
          +                          *  *  *
                                       ***
                                     ..::...
            I:::::::::::::::::::   ...... '  ::::::::::::::::::::I
            I    :    :    :   :===:    O:===:    :    :    :    I
            I....'....'....'....   :O    :.  :....'....'....'....I
                                   :.....:
                       +              ***
                                    *  *  *
                   +               * * * * *