[Fwd: Sinai on the air (April 20 - 30)..dx-pedition in Sharm El Sheikh]

To my fellow satellite operators.This announcement wasn't addressed
to the general mailing list ofthe BBs. But it is now.I hope the fact
thar were no satellte frequencies mentioned were just an over sight Go
for it.Craig N2MNA Oscar Satellite Report DX Editor.

Dear friends,

I'm glad to announce a dxpedition into the Sinai peninsula (the Red Sea),
this precious part of the Egyptian land, during which an operation with
a "6A" prefix will take place for the first time ever on amateur bands.
The dxpedition will take place in Sharm El Sheikh - Ras Umm El Sid area
right on the shores of the most beautiful diving spot on planet Earth
(Longitude 34deg 19min 28sec East, Latitude 27deg 50min 52sec North).

A special callsign "6A1A" is granted to this dxpedition to denote the
first activation of this spot on the anniversary of the independence day
of the peninsula on next April 25th. The two operators of this dxpedition
Hossam SU1HM and Tarek SU2TA are granted synonym callsigns "6A1HM" and
"6A1TA" respective to their home callsigns.

Test operation and operation will take place on the following frequencies:
7.090, 14.240 (most of the time), 21.240 , 28.540 MHz +/- QRM (voice
only). RS-12 operation is also planned (voice only).

The trip starts from Mon. April 20 and is planned to last till April 30,
1998.

The QSL manager for the dxpedition is Veronica Della Dora, IK3ZAW.

FYI: The above "6A" callsigns are the first and the only ones so far to be
issued in Egypt.

Wish us good luck and bear with us for our intermittent operation.

Best 73 and very good DXing for all of you

Hossam El Shenawy, SU1HM
ERAA network manager

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home