[Fwd: uplink possibilities]

I'm sure for the right price, it is available.  I dont have a clue where.
I would suggest you send your query message to amsat-bb@amsat.org

On Wed, 15 Apr 1998, Lee Plaskett wrote:

> I would like  to have an uplink for  the internet in the South Pacific,
> specifically, Fiji.
> Is it possible to uplink directly to  a satelite, from a  remote area,
> and utilize the internet from a small  personal  computer attached  to a
> satelite dish? If this is possible , where do I look for educational
> materal  in order to converse and understand  the uplink and  satelite
> jargon?  How can I set  up such a system and at what cost?  How  much
> does it cost  to access   the satelites  for personal  use?
> Thank  You,
> Dr. Lee

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home