Satellites in the classroom

Hi All,

I have a question for the group. I am a Technology teacher and in our classroom
we have a Yeasu FT-5100 2m/440 radio. I also have a 2m/440 handheld with a
quagi beam antenna that we work AO-27 with (and it is great fun). I would like
to be able to extend our satellite capabilities with the FT-5100. With the radio I have:

1. Is it possible to work a few (if any) pacsats with this radio?

2.What other equipment do I need?

I have a few books on the subject, but I would like to make a connection with someone that is actually “doing it”. Thanks for your help.

Keith Hall
N0OMX
Stockton High School
Stockton, Kansas