Re: Question...

Kurt W. Zimmerman <kzimmerm@sysbldrs.com> writes:

>Stumbled across a question and want to see if anyone has an answer;
>
>"What is the distance that a microwave signal travels between two
>microwave towers?"
>
>73;
>Kurt - W2MW

Uh, well, it depends.......

...how far apart are the towers you have in mind?

M/W is of course line of sight, so the distance will depend on the
height of the towers --- taller towers have more distant horizons.

If you put one tower on the moon and another on earth, the M/W signal
will travel about  .25Million miles.

(Maybe I don't understand the question.)

73, de Hans, K0HB/4ID

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home