Re: Internet linked AMSAT ground stations

We are making good progress on our linked ground station network for
Amateur satellites.  The following is the progress on the MIR sites:

       Maryland USA    on line full time
       Madrid   Spain  on line full time
       Mexico City     in work
       Texas USA       in work
       Chicago USA     in work
       Argentina       in work
       South Africa    in work
       Hawaii          ?
       Taiwan          ?
       California      ?
       Australia       ?

We still need a feed from Japan, eastern Europe and any other areas more
than 1000 miles from any other site.

To see the live combined TNC data stream, TELNET to 199.227.86.221 port
10001, DURING any pass over Maryland or Madrid.  To see the daily captured
PASS files over Maryland BROWSE to:
http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/mirex.html

We also have one AO16 automated station volunteer in Pennsylvania so
we can begin mobile position/status communications via AO16.  Still need
another station out west...

de WB4APR

On Fri, 20 Mar 1998, Bob Bruninga wrote:

> We are still looking for stations with full time TELNET access
> worldwide that can join our network of linked ground stations for some of
> the low data rate satellites such as Dove, SAREX, and MIR etc.  We only
> need one station every 2000 miles or so to link his data into a common
> data stream that everyone can copy live on the internet.
>
> If you have the telnet access at work or school, then all you need is a
> dedicated TNC and radio to feed what you hear into the net for everyone
> else to copy.  If you have such a capablility, let me know.  Thanks.
>
> de WB4APR
>
> See MIR packets live (as heard in Maryland) on
> http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/mirex.html

APRSdos REPLY/COMMENT:

Reply mail addr:   wb4apr@amsat.org
US mail address:   115 old Farm Ct, Glen Burnie, MD 21060
See DAYTON97 HISTORY:    http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/dayton.html
See Maryland APRS LIVE:  http://web.usna.navy.mil/~bruninga/aprs.html
See GPS on ANY radio:    http://www.tapr.org/tapr/html/mic-e.html

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home