Re: IC-R8500

At 09:54 AM 4/9/98 -0600, you wrote:

>Hi Ron,
>    The control codes printed in the user's manual only switch between AGC
>slow mode and AGC fast mode.  Are there other codes that are not in the
>user's manual?  Is so what are they?

I was told that the software package (that Icom is currently providing
for free with the radio) allows much more control of the radio than
the front panel menus. The agc control that I mentioned above is
apparently only available through the serial port. I am telling you
this from hearsay since I do not have one myself. I will see if I can
look at someone's software manual and verify it since I am interested
in such a function myself.

Ron, wa4sir

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home