Re: Announcement: Java Satellite Ground Station Software Released

	First a public apology to John Melton. I read too much in this
message. I thought that run.zip was the binary version of your software
and it would unpack with the old reliable pkunzip from Phil Kats. This is
not the case.

	You really need at least 3 files that are run.zip and doc.zip and
runtime.zip and with win-95 you must have winzip. From the documentation
you unpack these 3 files with winzip and it should set you up properly.

	I have tried to get jdk1.1.5 from 2 mirrors so far and it has been
unsuccessful. So I can't do anything under this Linux until that gets
fixed. As it happens jdk1.1.5-tar.gz is over a megabyte.

	Worst is that of the 2 guys using the Kansas City Tracker, they
both are not interested in new software. Seems what came with KCT works
great.

	Think I will have another cup of coffee and see if this looks
do-able with my gear.

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, john melton wrote:

> Java Satellite Ground Station Software
> --------------------------------------
>
> I have put a preliminay release of my Java Satellite Ground Station Software
> on my website http://www.qsl.net/n6lyt.
>
> This software implements a fully automated Digital Store and Forward Satellite
> Ground Station.
>
> It includes:
>
> 	KISS Protocols
> 	AX25 Protocols
> 	Pacsat Broadcast and File Transfer Protocols
> 	Message Composer
> 	Message Viewer
> 	Orbit Propogation
> 	Satellite Scheduling
> 	Radio Control
> 	Rotor Control
>

> The software has been successfully run on Windows/95, Linux and Solaris.
>
> There is still more work to be done,  but I have been successfully using the
> software over the last few months with minimal problems.
>
> The documentation is not complete yet,  but there should be enough to get
> going.
>
> Further documentation for developers is under construction.
>
> I would be interested in receiving an email message to n6lyt@qsl.net from
> anyone who decides to download and try this software.
>
> Also,  if you are interested in helping with this development, let me know by
> sending email to n6lyt@qsl.net.
>

> -- John Melton N6LYT/G0ORX
>
> n6lyt@qsl.net

Best wishes

   - Karl F. Larsen, 3310 East Street, Las Cruces,NM (505) 524-3303  -

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home