Re: Announcement: Java Satellite Ground Station Software Released

	Hi John, I d/l the file run.zip and on my win-95 computer I used
pkunzip to unpack the software and it got a large number of errors wherein
it said "this file has the same name as one already in the directory, and
then aske whether to rplace or not unload the new file.

	Anyhow, with all that problem I doubt It worked right, but one
thing is odd. There are zero .exe files. This makes me think your message
below is a joke. Is it a joke?

	What am I missing?

On Wed, 8 Apr 1998, john melton wrote:

> Java Satellite Ground Station Software
> --------------------------------------
>
> I have put a preliminay release of my Java Satellite Ground Station Software
> on my website http://www.qsl.net/n6lyt.
>
> This software implements a fully automated Digital Store and Forward Satellite
> Ground Station.
>
> It includes:
>
> 	KISS Protocols
> 	AX25 Protocols
> 	Pacsat Broadcast and File Transfer Protocols
> 	Message Composer
> 	Message Viewer
> 	Orbit Propogation
> 	Satellite Scheduling
> 	Radio Control
> 	Rotor Control
>

> The software has been successfully run on Windows/95, Linux and Solaris.
>
> There is still more work to be done,  but I have been successfully using the
> software over the last few months with minimal problems.
>
> The documentation is not complete yet,  but there should be enough to get
> going.
>
> Further documentation for developers is under construction.
>
> I would be interested in receiving an email message to n6lyt@qsl.net from
> anyone who decides to download and try this software.
>
> Also,  if you are interested in helping with this development, let me know by
> sending email to n6lyt@qsl.net.
>

> -- John Melton N6LYT/G0ORX
>
> n6lyt@qsl.net

Best wishes

   - Karl F. Larsen, 3310 East Street, Las Cruces,NM (505) 524-3303  -

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home