Re: Yaesu FT-847 CAT Interface

Hi,
I have evaluated the IC-970, TS-790, and FT-736.
Of them all, Kenwood offers the most full implementation of CAT.
This means that most functions that are accessible from the front
panel are also available through the CAT. Icom falls a bit behind, and
Yaesu is last. I think that every modern radio should have all
functions available through the serial port since we are seeing more
and more computer integrated multi-function stations.
bye, Assi

     Assi Friedman, 4X1KX/KK7KX Arizona State University
                  "The Truth Is Out There"
Tel: 602-844-1458 (home)
Tel: 602-965-2474 (ASUsat lab)
Fax: 602-965-0277 (ASUsat lab)