Re: Circular Polarized Phasing line?

-> But many designs I see for the classic Turnstile antenna seem to use
-> this same theory with the added 1/4 wave delay to achieve circular
-> polarization.   But here is what confuses me.  Since the two antennas
-> are 90 degrees out of phase, they cannot possibly add together like
-> two real impedances as in the in-phase example.   What am I missing?

Each antenna's impedence is mostly independant upon it's physical or
electrical phase difference from the other antenna.  The phase
(electrical and physical) does allow the wavefront to add in a circular,
ribbon like fashion around the boom.

73,

Dennis - N4NR

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home