Circular Polarized Phasing line?

I understand how we frequently combine two 50 ohm feeds into one by using
1/4 wave 75 ohm lines to transform the 50 to 100 ohms where they combine
in parallel to give a single 50 ohm feed for the transmission line...

But many designs I see for the classic Turnstile antenna seem to use this
same theory with the added 1/4 wave delay to achieve circular
polarization.   But here is what confuses me.  Since the two antennas are
90 degrees out of phase, they cannot possibly add together like two real
impedances as in the in-phase example.   What am I missing?

bob

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home