Re: AO-10 frequency unstable again ??

Yes, the solar panel angle must be increasing if for no other reason than
the frequency shift is gradual and all in one direction--lower in
frequency.  AO10 remains a superb bird especially near apogee as Ib has
noted.  We might ask the Europeans to stay in there just a bit beyond 2200
UTC so that those of us in the Western USA can QSO you!  Cliff K7RR

On Fri, 3 Apr 1998, Stacey E. Mills, M.D. wrote:

> At 09:05 AM 4/3/1998 +0200, Ib Christoffersen wrote:
> >Hi all,
> >I do not see anybody mentioning the FM-ing on
> >AO-10.
> >Last evening at 2113 UTC I notished that the frequency
> >of the beacon went up and down. The range was 39.000 km
> >at that time and the signal 55 in the peaks.
> >May be somebody can make something out of this.
> >Most of the time the satellite was usefull.
> >Greetings from Copenhagen and have a nice Easter
> >Holiday.
> >OZ1MY/Ib
>

> The solar angle appears to be increasing again.  My running guestimation is
> that its up to about +40 degs.  It will increase rapidly between now and
> the ene of May, so conditions will progressively worsen during this time.
>
> --
>  |  Stacey E. (Chuck) Mills  |
>  |     W4SM (ex WB4QKT)      |
>  |E-mail: w4sm@cstone.net    |