RE: Inner city sat station

     The following true story may help you to understand the possibilities.

     When I first moved to Newington CT in 1987, I was in a condo with a
     maximum of restrictions.  Really bad news!

     A month later, I was on the LEOs -- with all satellite antennas being
     below ground.  Yup; tis true.  My shack was in the basement.  So were
     my antennas.

     And it worked.  Not extremely well, but it did work to my
     satisfaction.

     The antenna setup was as follows:

     1.  A tripod sitting on the basement floor.

     2.  A four element yagi for 145 MHz, pointed straight up, and an 8
     element yagi for 435, also pointed up, were mounted in the tripod.

     3.  A ten meter dipole running along the ceiling of the basement.

     Voila.  Uplink/downlink capability for all three bands.

     Yes, it was a bad situation.  But it worked.

     73

     Luck Hurder, KY1T
     KY1T@amsat.org

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home