From: Kenneth J. Ernandes [mailto:n2wwd@mindspring.com]
Sent: Thursday, April 02, 1998 3:57 PM
To: Willmott, Paul
Subject: RE: Yaesu FT-847 CAT Interface

At 14:30 4/2/98 -0400, you wrote:
>Ken,
>
>The FT-900 has a frequency read command, and so you can read RX and TX
>freq from the dial, just as you always could with Icom/Kenwood. I'd be
>very surprised if Yaesu's new rig doesn't now support this, after all
>they have the technology in the FT-900.
>
>Cheers and happy hunting

There is no hunting, but apparently you're going to be surprised.  There
is a command to "set frequency" (main VFO, Sat RX, or Sat TX) but no
"get frequency" command.  I am surprised that it's this way too.  There
doesn't appear to be any technology improvement with the CAT -- where
you would think there would be the most room for easy upgrades.

Ken

Ken Ernandes
n2wwd@amsat.org
http://www.mindspring.com/~n2wwd