Re: 7/8" Hardline ?

Not necessary and possibly not possible without speciar hardware.  The
pressurized hardline has only disks or another type of spreader to
maintain the proper distance between the center conductor and the
shield.  This needs pressurization to keep this dielectric area dry.
This is also a lower loss hardline than the foam dielectric type.

Glenn Little
WB4UIV

Clayton Botkin wrote:

>      Does anyone know if it's necessary to evacuate (ie. pressurize, remove
>      air/moisture from) the hollow center conductor on Andrews 7/8"
>      hardline ?
>
>      I'm installing a couple of runs of this for the first time.
>
>      Thanks
>      ke4rtm
>      Clayton

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home