RS-15 Activity

Hello All,

K6YK will be calling CQ on RS-15, 29.370 downlink on
every pass today (My Time) looking for QSO's.

Apr 1:
2041-2055 GMT
2244-2312 GMT

Apr 2:
0056-0124 GMT
0315-0338 GMT

There is a very small window to northern Europe just
before LOS for me. (Right at AOS for Europe).

I WILL BE LISTENING REAL HARD FOR WEAK SIGNALS!

I heard several signals last week on RS-15, stations
sending dots, swishing their VFO's, calling CQ, calling
CQ on top of each other, etc.  Some of the stations who
were calling CQ got answers but didn't hear the answering
station.   It seems to be a tough nut to crack on the
downlink side.  I use an ICOM 740 with a 3 element tri-
bander with no external preamp.  The preamp doesn't seem
to improve the signal to noise, it just brings up every-
thing.  Something that helps is using the noise blanker
and turning the AGC off.  I got the beacon as loud as
S-6 on the meter last night. (At times).

73, Hope to hear some of you today/tonight.

John, K6YK
CM97, Stockton, CA

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home