RE:2m-10m transverters

Mike KU4AD asked:
        Is anyone using a 2m-10m transverter to get all mode 2m access?
I'm just wondering if this is a possible option for 2m all-mode?
Thanks for any info,
mike ku4ad

To which I had to throw my 2cents in: Of course. That's what transverters
are for. I personally have never owned a commercial rig that would tune
above 30 MHz, yet operate ALL modes and bands up through 10 GHz. (Most of
my commercial stuff has tubes, even.) Usually one transverter drives
another. Works fine, once you get the hang of keeping track of it all. Gets
more complicated on the transmit side with switching and correct power
levels, but entirely operable.
Have fun!

Ed K9EK

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home