Re: A Change in the Format of the BID...

Hi Ray,

you wrote:

>The new BID structure is orbyyjjj.x where yy is the last two
>digits of the year, jjj is the Julian date, and x is O for OSCAR,
>D for digital, W for weather, M for miscellaneous, or N for
>NASA 2-line.

the last 2-line Keplerians were

>HR AMSAT ORBITAL ELEMENTS FOR AMATEUR SATELLITES IN NASA FORMAT
>FROM WA5QGD FORT WORTH,TX March 27, 1998
>SEND SUBSCRIBE/UNSUBSCRIBE TO listserv@amsat.org ONLY
>BID: ORB98086.N

I think jjj is simply the number of day in the year, because the "Julian
date" of March 27, 1998 00:00:00 UTC - as defined by the astronomers -
is    JD  = 2450899.5  (they use also a "modified Julian date", in our
case  MJD =   50899.0).

Vy 73, Udo, DL7OL ***

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home