Re: Anyone using comp. clk update software?

At 09:45 PM 3/27/98 -0800, allen wrote:

>Is anyone using software and a modem to call National Institute of
Standards and Technology to update their computers' clock?  InstantTracks'
ITNCP.exe used to do that for me.  It doesn't work for me now.  I am
setting up the Station Program and I want to keep the computers' clock
accurate.

>			73,	Allen Fugelseth
>				WB6RWU

This is a task than can easily be performed over the Internet.  I use a
freeware program called "D4" to update the clock on my pc.  There are many
time servers to choose from, including time.nist.gov (Boulder, CO) and
tick.usno.navy.mil (US Naval Observatory, Washington D.C.).

If you don't care for D4, there are several other time synchronizer
programs available.  Check your favorite source of shareware programs.  The
best part is that you don't have to pay a long distance phone call.

73 de Roger Snyder, K4RS
Internet: k4rs@m8.sprynet.com
AX.25 packet: K4RS @ N4XEO.#FTP.FL.USA.NOAM
Satellite: K4RS @ KO-23 or KO-25