Re: Internet Computer Clock Update

At 21:45 3/27/98 -0800, you wrote:
>Is anyone using software and a modem to call National Institute of
Standards and Technology to update their computers' clock?  InstantTracks'
ITNCP.exe used to do that for me.  It doesn't work for me now.  I am setting
up the Station Program and I want to keep the computers' clock accurate.

I use Socket Watch to automatically correct my computer clock to Public
Access Time Servers on the Internet that use Network Time Protocol (NTP).
This is a $10 shareware program that you can download from:

        http://www.locutuscodeware.com/

This program works in the background and tries to empirically identify the
best server for your location.

If you want some other choices, check out the Naval Observatory site:

        http://tycho.usno.navy.mil/

Good luck and let us [AMSAT-BB] know if you find something better.

Ken Ernandes
n2wwd@amsat.org
http://www.mindspring.com/~n2wwd

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home