Subject: Re: KPC3 -> 9600 ?
Author:  Duane Naugle at MITCHPO5
Date:    3/26/98 3:53 PM

        No, it's not upgradeable to 9600.  No, it does not have a
    disconnect header.  It is a nice unit for terrestrial use, but uses
    surface mount technology which makes it a challenge to modify.
        The KPC-9612 has both 300 BPS and 9600 BPS ports.  The 9600 side
    can be used for satellites from what I've seen posted here.
        The Paccomm units seem to have the most flexibility in regards
    to upgrades and disconnect headers.  There are some DSP units out
    there too, but I don't have any info on what's currently available.
        Good luck and 73.

    Duane Naugle
    ko6bt@amsat.org
    AMSAT #30188