Re: NASA TV and TVRO dish?

At 09:40 PM 3/24/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Several months back here on this reflector, there was some conversation
>on TVRO dishes and NASA TV. Dave Mayfield from QST Electronics was
>advertising a 5' TVRO dish and receiver combo. Did anybody purchase it
>and if so, how did it work? I purchased it and am just getting around to
>the final installation and am having some problems with the receiver.

I bought one and have been using it for about a year. It works great for
NASA TV. I get a very high S/N picture. Some of the other foreign TV
stations using GE-2 are somewhat noisy. When US networks randomly use
some of the transponders on GE-2 they also have very good signals. I guess
the foreign stations are not using as much uplink power.

Ron, wa4sir

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home