Re: KR-5400A & GS232

At 09:26 PM 3/24/98 -0500, Chris KC2BBU wrote:

>Is the Kenpro KR-5400A compatible with this Yaesu Box.  (the KR-5400A looks
>exactly the same as the Yaesu G-5400B) Also, any info on cabling of the
>GS232 to Macintosh?

The KR5400A control box does not have the computer interface circuitry.
Look on the back for the DIN connecter. I don't think you will find one. I
am not quite sure from your post what you have. Do you have a GR5400B
control box and older rotators or vice-versa?

As far as I know the rotators themselves are similar, i.e. KR-400, KR-500,
G-500, KR5400A, GR5400B. But the Kenpro models are probably quite old.
Kenpro was a company purchased or taken-over by Yaesu who have continued to
manufacture them with a few changes. The most important change (moving the
capacitor) was described in another post - by k4rs).

My KR-400 and KR-500 were purchased in 1987, but are still in service.
Parts such as position potentiometers are are available from Yaesu - same
as in later models.

ron, w8gus.

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home