Re: Need some help . . .

Just an update to what I wrote earlier. My quarters are approximately 3-5 miles (minimum)  from the nearest receiver site. However, there is a housing development just across the street from me. Check out their web site at http://www.nsganw.navy.mil. You might be able to see my house in the picture, I'm on the thrird street in from the main rd (Ballahack Rd) at the end.

> > Here is what I wrote to Steve, N7HPR:
> >
> > >Steve-
> > >Just a quick QSO here, I'm active duty Coast Guard and currently
> > >work/live at Naval Security Group Activity Northwest in Chesapeake
> > >VA. The situation is that the base commander, based upon rules made
> > >by the former base commander, feels that amateur radio is going to
> > >interfere with the receivers here on base. The Navy's transmitters
> > >are in Suffolk and the Coast Guard's are in Virginia Beach. What I'm
> >
> > >hoping to do is show her, with facts and figures generated within
> > the
> > >Navy/Coast Guard, that her fears are unfounded. I believe she thinks
> >
> > >that ham radio will cause interference, especially to the satcom
> > >units on base (CAMSLANT is one the units). My plan is to put my
> > >eggbeaters up and use about 50 w eirp to hit the birds (FO-20/29 and
> >
> > >AO-27). Can you send me as much as you can, so that I can put
> > >something in a "report" and send it to her. Otherwise, my 970 will
> > go
> > >back in the box and I will not be a happy camper for the next four
> > >years!
> > >
> > >Jeffrey S Austin
> > >1021 Osprey Ct
> > >Chesapeake VA 23322-4202
> > >757 421 0138 home
> > >757 421 6240 work
> > >
> > >                                               -73's de Jeff N8VNA
> > >

> > So, what I'm looking for is what guidance the Navy gives to it's base
> > commanders in regards to amateur radio use on its bases, in terms of
> > both MWR and technical considerations. If it helps you, you can send
> > whatever you can to me as an HTML file.
> >
> >                                                  -73's de Jeff N8VNA

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home