Need some help . . .

Bob-
I need some help here. I've got a ham radio problem that's more
political than technical but I'm going to win with a technical knock
out.

Here is what I wrote to Steve, N7HPR:

>Steve-
>Just a quick QSO here, I'm active duty Coast Guard and currently
>work/live at Naval Security Group Activity Northwest in Chesapeake
>VA. The situation is that the base commander, based upon rules made
>by the former base commander, feels that amateur radio is going to
>interfere with the receivers here on base. The Navy's transmitters
>are in Suffolk and the Coast Guard's are in Virginia Beach. What I'm

>hoping to do is show her, with facts and figures generated within
the
>Navy/Coast Guard, that her fears are unfounded. I believe she thinks

>that ham radio will cause interference, especially to the satcom
>units on base (CAMSLANT is one the units). My plan is to put my
>eggbeaters up and use about 50 w eirp to hit the birds (FO-20/29 and

>AO-27). Can you send me as much as you can, so that I can put
>something in a "report" and send it to her. Otherwise, my 970 will
go
>back in the box and I will not be a happy camper for the next four
>years!
>
>Jeffrey S Austin
>1021 Osprey Ct
>Chesapeake VA 23322-4202
>757 421 0138 home
>757 421 6240 work
>
>                                               -73's de Jeff N8VNA

So, what I'm looking for is what guidance the Navy gives to it's base
commanders in regards to amateur radio use on its bases, in terms of
both MWR and technical considerations. If it helps you, you can send
whatever you can to me as an HTML file.

                                                 -73's de Jeff N8VNA

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home