Re: Drake downconverters

w3did@juno.com wrote:

> My apologies-- I only recently joined this list.  All this talk about
> Drake
> downconverters has caught my attention.  I must have missed the original
> thread.  Is there an archive somewhere?
> An article in some printer material?  A FAQ?(!)  If not, would someone be
> so kind as to forward me the details?   Sounds like there's a way to do
> microwaves on the cheap and that's sounds good to me!  Perhaps my beloved
> FT-726R can be pressed into service well into the new millenium!  :-)
>
> Thanks in advance all.
>
> 73 de Joel, W0JDJ
> AMSAT #1795

There is an Amsat-BB digest with links to the hyperarchive at
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Lab/8653/digest.html

It contains some of the earlier posts on the drake downconverter.  If you
absolutly cannot get access to the web let me know and I'll see if I can send
a copy by email.  Also the Feb 98 (I think) QST has an article on the
downconverter.

73
JIm
KC7RCY