Re: LOG programs for satellite

i use pda's logic 5. it has a place for satellite mode of operation
and for the satellite name. i also have been tracking vucc (grid
square awards), dxcc and worked all states with it.

i set the software up so that the frequency of the satellite is
listed as a 'band'. then when i work someone, the computer which is
connected to the radio will look up the frequency i am operating on
and log the correct satellite and mode in the log for me.

i then customized the qsl card routine so that it prints
'confirming our two way contact on 145.90MHz Mode B on AO10'
or....
'confirming our two way contact on 436.800MHz Mode J on AO27'

you can look at a demo version of it  http://www.hosenose.com

i have been using the software for 4 years now and helped make
suggestions for this current version for satellite operators.

you might also look at a copy of nova for windows. i have never used
it so i don't know all the things it is capable of doing.

73...bruce

Houston, Texas                                   or: kk5do@hal-pc.org
AMSAT Area Coordinator
ARRL Official Bulletin Station, Awards Manager (WAS, 5BWAS, VUCC), VE

10-X International Contest Committee Chairman
Houston AMSAT Net - Tuesday, 8PM CDT on SBS 6, T13B, 6.2MHz at 74
degrees.
Also affiliated repeaters in North America. Also available on Real Audio
at
http://www.amsatnet.com                Visit SHOT
http://www.clarc.org/shot

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home