Re: SUCCESSFUL RS15 ?

Hi Matt
I have been working RS15 since it was launched.  I have worked footprint
edge to footprint edge,  Seattle to JA & G.  Uplink is 80 watts to a 8
el. quagi on az/el mount.  Receive antenna is a 4 el quad (it "hears"
better off the back at 29mhz), when the satellite is above 30 degrees I
use a one wave-length loop.  I have a preamp, though I rarely use it.  CW
QSO's are more solid, but I have had many 20-30 min. SSB contacts.  I
also use a Timewave DSP-59+ to clean up the audio.  RS-15 is a lot of
fun, but you have to work at it.  Good luck.

73...Bob...W7LRD
"Always make new mistakes"

On Fri, 13 Mar 1998 02:48:40 +0000 Matt J Cassarino <mjc2@capecod.net>
writes:
>What kind of uplink power and antenna, and downlink antenna (I figure
>preamp is assumed) are needed for regular success with this bird by
>those who use it these days ? 73 Matt WV1K

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home