Re: ICOM CT-16 SATELLITE INTERFACE

I believe that it is the Icom interface that allows another radio to be
tuned, khz for khz, if you tune the IC706, and vice versa.  The radios
will 'track' each other.  The idea is to have one radio on 2  meters and
the other on 70 CM or 10M or ..., etc.

I wrote a program for the CI-V interface that does the same thing if you
have a computer and the Icom CI-V interface, or it's much less
inexpensive imitations (see QST magazine).  You are welcome to the
program if you like.  It also uploads and downloads the memories from the
Icom radios, which is the main reason I wrote it.  If you have a radio
with a thousand memory locations, like the ICR9000 has, then you really
appreciate the program.  73,

John W. Wilson, KN4HX
z004391b@bcfreenet.seflin.lib.fl.us

On Sun, 8 Mar 1998, Matt J Cassarino wrote:

> Hello-
>
> I was reading the accessories available for my IC-706, pondering
> whether it may one day serve as a Mode V portion, and noted a CT-16
> satellte interface among the accessories. Does anyone know hat it is
> and does ? 73 Matt WV1K

AMSAT Top AMSAT Home